Education & Certification:
- Kris is a Registered Nurse and graduated from Sewickley Valley Hospital School of Nursing in 1999.
- In addition, he holds professional certification as a Resident Assessment Coordinator.
- Kris began his education at Penn State University in 1994.
- Kris Pattison has been in the long‐term care industry for eighteen years. He has worked as a CNA, charge nurse, clinical support nurse, and as a MDS Coordinator for fifteen years, giving him a broad scope of insight into the internal functioning of the nursing department in a skilled nursing facility. His experience includes MDS management, Managed Care, Medicare PPS, Medicaid Case Mix and Five-Star Rating optimization as well as Quality Measure management. He has provided complete training for new RNACs and education to other staff on documentation, care planning, Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement, MDS, and other topics. His knowledge of state and federal regulations has enabled him to provide support throughout the survey process, including writing plans of correction and monitoring for compliance. Kris has also worked on the development of new policies, protocols, and best practices and has experience educating staff and working with ICD‐10 diagnostic coding.
Membership & Service:
- The American Association of Assessment Coordinators
- Pennsylvania Association of Nurse Assessment Coordinators
- LeadingAge PA