Education & Certification:
- Bachelor's Degree in Psychology from Marshall University
- Master's Degree in Healthcare Administration from Marshall University
- Certified Professional Coder
- Certified in Healthcare Compliance
- Myranda has over 15 years of experience in the healthcare industry including revenue cycle, compliance, litigation management, and clinical operations. She began her career in long term psychiatric treatment facility operations before moving to the health system realm. Myranda has worked for both a regional health system in West Virginia and a world-renowned academic medical center in North Carolina. She has comprehensive expertise in healthcare compliance encompassing physician compliance program oversight, due diligence risk assessments, provider based status transition, and physician education. Myranda has experience in revenue cycle management as well, having directed the mid-revenue cycle operations for over 1,700 providers across numerous specialties, including professional coding, denials management, and electronic health record workflow automation and optimization. In addition, Myranda has provided litigation management services to in-house counsel in the areas of employment law, general business litigation, and medical and professional liability.
- Myranda advises clients on a wide variety of topics including correct coding, documentation requirements, revenue integrity, and numerous other compliance issues. She performs compliance program effectiveness assessments, coding reviews, charge capture assessments, and revenue cycle reviews. Myranda also provides litigation support services in the form of internal investigations, data validation, discovery assistance, compliance due diligence, and general litigation management.
Membership & Service:
- Member of the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC)
- Member of the Health Care Compliance Association (HCCA)
- Member of the Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA)
- Member of the National Association of Rural Health Clinical (NARHC)
- Board Member of the Junior League of Charleston