An Entity Can Do Many Things To Prepare For A SOC For Cybersecurity, SOC 1, SOC 2, Or SOC 3 Audit Engagement.
Many service organizations find they need to have a SOC audit performed but need guidance developing the control objectives and related description of controls and the service or evaluating the risk management program. As a professional services firm with a strong background in both financial auditing and information technology auditing, we can assist with drafting the control objectives and evaluating the existing control activities, and / or the risk management program and produce a readiness assessment report. This allows for the entity to determine if any improvements need to be made with respect to the control environment prior to the start of the actual examination.
Why Should You Use Arnett Carbis Toothman LLP (ACT) For Your SOC Audit?
Our ACT team has deep technology experience, industry expertise, and years of experience in both systems and controls. The ACT team is here to assist you with understanding and complying with SOC requirements, including:
- Identifying risks that relate to control objectives
- Describing your overall system, not just controls
- Establishing a change management plan for dealing with your clients
- Outlining necessary changes to your system description
- Creating action steps needed for implementation
When are you ready for a SOC audit?
Consider the following when determining if you are ready for a SOC audit:
- The organization has a structured process for risk management and managing changes in their services.
- Processes, policies, procedures, and related controls are documented. However, a lack of documentation does not necessarily mean that the processes, policies, procedures, and related controls are not implemented and operating effectively.
Arnett Carbis Toothman LLP’s consulting service teams contain a wealth of experience in multiple industries. Our teams are result-driven and seek long-term solutions to the challenges facing businesses today.
For more information, contact your Arnett Carbis Toothman advisor or one of these trusted advisors.